Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Random Thoughts

WHAT HAPPENED? ::sigh:: There is always next year for the Patriots!

-------------------------
So I've been busy making stitch markers!!! Here are the two sets I made:



The color is hard to photograph. The beads on the left are provided by Archiknist and the crystals were mine. I am planning to give one set to my cocoa swap pal and one set to Archiknist for being so generous to let me borrow her whole set of jewelry making kit - she just doesn't know it yet (until she reads my post).

-------------------------
So I've made some progress on The Yarn Wall. First, I got my domain names!!! No website yet, but at least it is search-able and it's out in the WWW. My friend Adam had given me a lot of pointers on the website stuff and I can't wait to get to work on it - but not until I have my business plan completed. Also, I've been reading "Start Your Own Business" from the Entrepreneur Magazines. Mine is actually an older version (3rd edition) as I had bought it under Adam's recommendation exactly 2 years ago when he was just about to quit Schick and work on his online business. (Make sure you check out all three links that I've put in here - they are all different!) I did the quiz at the beginning of the book and boy, am I now more ready than ever! I've read this book half way through and never finished it for some reason, and now I am re-reading it and are learning some of the things I didn't remember reading about. So if you ever consider starting your own business, be sure to pick this one up - definitely worth your money.

I also talked to the first Sales Rep for the yarn shop. I'm sure she won't be the last. She is fun and bubbly and I can't wait to meet her in person!

-------------------------
On the knitting front - I've been working on a secret project - it is almost done and I won't be able to post anything about it until it is gifted. Lets just say it's 50% completed and it should be done soon. I haven't really worked on anything else though...

-------------------------
Remember the Linky Love post? (scroll down couple of the posts) Well, it turned out that The Yarn Garden was listed twice so some people were linking them to one place, and some to the others. So you might want to go and check your links in Ravelry - if you clicked on the store and it only shows like 4 or 5 patrons? That's the wrong link and go back and just delete "in Meriden, Connecticut" and click on the little infinity symbol next to the text box, and it should show up "The Yarn Garden - Meriden, CT".

-------------------------
On January 31st, my blog turned TWO! Happy Belated Birthday to Café Eclectic. And thank you all for reading.

6 comments:

Robin said...

Love the stitch markers...I can't wait to hear more about your business adventures!

Unknown said...

You are one BUSY BUSY gal!!!! Sounds like you are making awesome progress in lots of areas. I'll be keeping an eye on your progress and hoping everything will work as you have planned.

Archiknist said...

Presents! Hurray! And now I do see that one of the crystal ones is a different color--weird that they all looked the same when I looked at the picture before.

Thanks!

KnelleyBelley said...

Pretty stitch markers. Looking forward to the evolution of The Yarn Wall!

Knittymuggins said...

Great stitch markers! And your own business? How cool is that? I guess I haven't been reading long enough to know what that's all about, but it sounds yarny and cool ;)

And Happy Belated 2 year Blogiversary!! Totally amazing :)

knittymuggins

Sneaksleep said...

The stitch markers look great! I'm so bummed I don't live near you anymore to be a loyal customer once you open The Yarn Wall. If you do an online store, though, you can bet I'll shop there!