- Are you religious? Not really
- How long have you been knitting? Would you consider yourself a Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced? I've been knitting for about 3 years and I consider myself a intermediate/advanced knitter
- Do you have any other hobbies besides knitting? Yes, I do all sort of crafts, and I love to read - although I don't always have a lot of time. I also love to travel.
- Favorite color(s)? All the Autumn colors (browns, yellows, olive green, etc), Red, and Navy
- Do you collect anything? Yes. Piggies. Also, when I like something, like a book by an author, I have to have the whole series.
- Are you allergic to any fibers or animals? No, I am lucky.
- Do you have any pets? Yes, I have two great Pyrenees (Mick and Vanilla) and a Chow/Black Lab Mix (Bruno)
- Coffee, Tea, or Hot Chocolate? All! It depends on the time of the day. Although, I don't make the coffee myself.
- Cookies or Sweets? Depends. I don't like raisins but I like Oatmeal cookies, so I usually make my own (for some reason all oatmeal cookies come with raisins.) I also like Smarties, Twix, See's candy, ice creams...
- Do you knit socks? Yes.
- If not socks then what? (tell us about your favorite knits) I also love scarfs. Scarfs are the reason why I started knitting. One of my co-workers actually said that I "have unnatural affection for scarfs". I think between knit/purchase/gift scarfs, I must have over 2 dozens of them.
- Do you put up a Christmas tree? If not then what do you do? Yes. We usually go cut a tree during Thanksgiving break and decorate it.
- Favorite holiday treats? Hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps, eggnog, apple pie
- Favorite holiday smells? Fresh pine
- Do you celebrate Christmas in a traditional or unconventional way? Please elaborate. Unconventional. We live far away from our families, so we usually travel to see them. Usually on Christmas eve, we would be just arriving - we spend a lot of time on the road. We don't have any one thing that we do that are the same from year to year besides exchanging gifts.
- What are your favorite holiday traditions? We actually don't do the same thing every year, so I guess that's my favorite tradition - we like to change it up!
- Finish the sentence: “For me Christmas is all about....” Having my family around.
- If you were a Christmas ornament you would be…….? a clear ornament with snow and Christmas tree with presents inside the ornament. On the outside, it would have a date on when this ornament was purchase/received.
- What was your favorite gift you've ever received? Or given? I knitted little mittens Christmas ornaments last year and gave them out as Christmas presents for family and friends who lived afar.
- When do you start your Christmas? Right after Thanksgiving
- Do you send Christmas cards? Do you make them or buy them? Yes and I do both, depending if I have the time.
- What is your favorite Christmas dish? Leg of lamb with rosemary-olive oil mashed potatoe.
- Carolers are at your door. What do you do? I sing along with them!
- When do you open presents? Christmas eve or Christmas morning? Christmas morning
- Do you celebrate with family or friends or both? Christmas is for family, unless I have friends who have no where to go, then I will invite them over. But usually just families.
Sunday, September 02, 2007
Christmas Around the World Knitters Swap Questionnaire
Many of you already know I joined the Christmas Around the World Knitters Swap. Along with the swap, comes a questionnaire, and here you go: