Friday, April 20, 2007

Progress Report and Some More...

Alright, I admit it, I have been a BAD blogger lately. I've been slacking on the posts... But when you are still kinda in the middle of a move (yes, we still have crap at the old house, and now we are helping our tenants move from the old house to the new house!!!), it is tough to justify doing other things besides unpacking.

Speaking of unpacking, I unpacked the yarn of course, and let me present you...


MY YARN WALL!!!

David and I went to IKEA to get some cabinets for the kitchen and when we walked through the "AS IS" section, we spotted 4 bookcases, 1 for $94, 2 for 85$ and 1 for $74. On top of that, you get 20% off!!! So I became the proud owner of a Yarn Wall for only $54!!!! It was amazing :) The only thing that is wrong with it was that there is a dent on the top shelf - but you can't even see it once you set against the wall! Highly recommend the "AS IS" section of IKEA.

Now to my cabled pullover... I am very disappointed with my progress on this. It feels like that I've been knitting the damn sweater FOREVER! I did lose March to moving, but still...


Front and Back panels


The sleeves!

The front and back panels are a little different, even though the pictures from the website and the pattern book showed that they are the same. The reason being, when I was following the chart they provided, the front and back ARE different. According to the chart and the written instructions, front and back are different. But when you look at the pictures, it showed that the model front was the same as the chart for the back. I wrote to Classic Elite to ask for clarification, but never heard back from them. Archiknist and I decided that the model was wearing it backwards.

Archiknist and I also went to the Farmhouse Yarn Sale. Let me tell ya, it is a NOT TO BE MISSED event if you are as obsessed about yarn as us. We split the "Fill the Bag" sale and I came home with one GIANT sweater skein - usually priced for $125/skein in the store, Carol was selling it for $50 at her front yard, and if you can squeeze it in to the "Fill the Bag", then lucky to be you! And I was the lucky one! We stuffed so much yarn it in, it wasn't even funny! We must have gotten at least $500 worth of yarn. The giant skein had seen been wound into TWO GIANT yarn cake, which you can see in the top left cubby of the yarn wall, and the rest of the yarn is in the third left cubby. I got a baby design in my mind for the cotton yarn I got there, and I want to knit it up and maybe send it to Carol for pattern publishing. I've never done design before, but I'm sure I can figure it out.

On to things other than knitting... I finally joined "Facebook" - after my friends bugging me for awhile... I have to say, it is ADDICTING! I can spend many hours on it just for doing NOTHING! Well, reading others profiles... It is like a time black hole that just sucks you in and you won't know when is the last time you eat! Okay, I am exaggerating a bit, but still!

I am working on our wedding website, which is also taking away my time to post. I will post the link once it is presentable. I do have to say though, the website is inspired by my friend Dyanamaria. I went to high school with her and I haven't seen her for a very long time. I found her on MySpace awhile ago, but we lost touch again. The reason I decided to find her again was the whole Facebook thing, because I thought she might have a profile there, but she didn't. Instead, I found her on her wedding website, which was absolutely beautiful and professional. I found her on the day after her wedding day, so she is currently on the honeymoon, hopefully, we will reconnect after she gets back. The coolest thing though, she married one of our high school friends! We were all in Chamber Singers and spent a lot of time practicing together. Two of her bridesmaids were also in Chambers with us. Dyanamaria was one of my friends from high school that I wish I didn't lose touch with and I am excited about the fact that I found her wedding website and would be able to reconnect again.

I think that's enough of update for now. I promise I will be a better blogger from now on...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice yarn wall! I will be buying mine the day after we close. I think I'm going to get the larger one. Thanks for the tip about the As-Is place. Sometimes I forget to check it since it's tucked away in a corner.

I can't wait till this move is over and I can come back to SnB!

Zarzuela said...

Gotta love a good yarn wall. :) The sweater is coming along nicely too. Hope you finish unpacking soon. :)

Jessica

Sneaksleep said...

Oh, man, I am so jealous of your yarn wall. Yours and Zarzuela's. Sorry for not visiting your blog in ages--no need to feel guilty about not posting on my account! The cabled front and back panels are looking good, I think! Screw the magazine photo!