Saturday, June 23, 2007

The New Addition

No, we didn't acquire anymore animals... Well, kinda. You'll see at the end of this post. Right now, I'm talking about new addition to the SoS 2007 stash!!!


1 skein Alpaca with a Twist Fino in Light Blue, 2 skeins Reynold Soft Sea Wool in Dark Green, 3 skeins of Plymouth Sockotta in pink/orange/yellow, white/pink/orange/yellow, and white/brown/blue/green/yellow, 2 skeins of Regia silk color in white/black/brown, a bottle of Wool Mix in Lavender scent, and a size 2 Addi Turbo

After my business training, I went to Southbury and visited Selma's Yarn and Needlepoint. Selma was there when I got there. There are a lot more yarn than the website mentioned. I got an email from the SnB group, also from a friend from work, that Selma was closing the store and everything was on sale. It's actually a very good sale - everything 35% off! Need I say more? Next Saturday is their last day, unfortunately, I'll be out of town, but I think I stock up enough :).

When I got home, I found this in the mailbox:


A sample of Cash-Silk 2/36 in Tussah from ColourMart

I actually ordered the sample card, but I haven't gotten it yet, but this little sample was mailed the same time and arrived first. Must have something to do with the size. I was considering using this as my Mystery Stole 3 KAL, but I changed my mind. More on MS3 later on.

When I got to the door, I found this in my hanging flower basket:


Little baby bird!!!

Yeah, my plant died because we had a frost after I put them out... grrr... But at least it provided home for other creatures :) I couldn't tell if there are one or more baby birds, because I couldn't actually see them - one of the disadvantage of being only 5'2-1/4" tall. David was nice enough to take the picture so I can see it without tipping and falling over the railing.

We actually have another nest next to the side of the house, on top of the climbing vines, but that was way too high for anyone to see. We are also hoping we don't have any bird nest on top of our chimney... oy...

I was planning on going to Renegade Craft Fair at Brooklyn, but I doubt I'll be going now... Lots to do around the house...

I'm gonna go play around with the new sock yarn now...

2 comments:

anphoe said...

Now I know your address, hehe!!

Sneaksleep said...

Awww, so cute! I am having major indecisiveness issues with my first SoS project.